Quakers Landing Friendswood Subdivision| Homes for Sale | Sell Home | Johnna Johnson Team | ReMax Top Realty | 713.558.2515
Quakers Landing Friendswood Subdivision
A Texas Historical Marker on the Friends Church grounds designates Friendswood as the only permanent town in Texas that began as a Quaker settlement. It was founded in 1895 when F. J. Brown and T. H. Lewis led a group of Quaker families to the Gulf Coast looking for their "promised land."
The heart of the community was its large two-story wooden structure called The Academy. They built it from 1900 Galveston storm lumber, and it served as their church, school and community center for 50 years.
Very few vestiges of the Quaker settlement remain; however, the qualities instilled in the town's formation continue to be appreciated.
Call 713-558-2515 or Email email@example.com today!
WANT TO SALE A HOME? CLICK HERE. Johnna Johnson with RE/MAX Top Realty is the right Realtor to get yours SOLD!
© 2001-2018 Reliance Network and RE/MAX of Texas.
All rights reserved. US Reg. Copyright TX-5-910-991, TX-5-910-992, TX-5-910-993, and TX-5-910-994.
Each RE/MAX® Office is Independently Owned and Operated. Equal Housing Opportunity. Texas Real Estate Commission Consumer Protection Notice Texas Real Estate Commission Form.